Saturday, April 14, 2012

Desert Rat

I am the desert rat.

I'm living in the desert that they call Arizona... just South(?) of Phoenix. For the next month and a bit, I'll be living in a little trailer on the airport grounds of a run down little airstrip called Phoenix Regional. The main runway's pretty cracked, so we use the taxiway instead. It's owned by the local Indians. I guess there's issues with who fixes the pavement or who pays for it or whatever. At the end of the day, it's a nice mellow airport.

There's a guy here that's getting back into teaching GA in his old Cessna 120, which for those unfamiliar is a tail dragger. My kind of plane :)
So I'll be finishing up with him when he gets it all going this week.

Today, the wind blew. and blew and blew. It's supposed to back off tomorrow, which will be good cuz we've got a pretty busy day lined up.

Good stuff.
Jim

No comments: