Wednesday, May 04, 2016

And we're back...

Wow. Looks like I've been away since almost exactly two years ago :)
I guess I could just wait for a week and nail it on the head.

On one hand, I like the discussion aspect of FB better than Blogger... but one of the things that I don't care for on FB is the difficulty with going back through the past. They've got a new interesting "your memories" thing going on these days, but it's not enough.

Onward.
Kina funny... my last post here was about the beginnings of VR. Appropriate.
I've been after that one for a long time. I actually modeled my campus in 3dVR back in college. Mary has a watercolour painting I did as part of that project hanging in her livingroom.. bet ya didn't know that was a geek painting Mary?

What brings me back here has similar undertones... the past.
We all have a personal list of favourite songs. Being a geek, it's easy for me to share that list. I didn't feel like posting this on FB though. Not only because of FB being FB, but it's a bit more suited to quick posts and to light discussion. I like it for that, but it has it's limits.

So here's my list.
It's missing a lot, especially stuff that you wouldn't be at all familiar with like Suzanne Ciani (Dear Lord... the entire Pianissimo album alone would top this list!)
This isn't my iPod list.
That one's good too, but these are ones that mean something to me. (ha, some I don't even know what)
This is like comfort food... self indulgent. A bit of wallowing in the past. After too much of this, I feel a great need for exposure to new music. It's nice to wallow sometimes for a bit though.

AC-DC - Who Made Who
Alphaville - Forever Young -Official Video
Arcade Fire - Ready to Start
Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At
Blind Melon - No Rain
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
Broods - Mother & Father
Candlebox - Far Behind Official Video
Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry
Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time lyrics
Def Leppard - Animal
Def Leppard - Foolin
Def Leppard - Hysteria
DEF LEPPARD - Pour Some Sugar On Me
Depeche Mode - Everything Counts (Live)
Die Antwoord Fatty Boom Boom Cut
Ella Henderson - Ghost Lyrics
Eurythmics - Here Comes The Rain Again
Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot
Florence   The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
Forty Six & 2 - Tool
Goodbye Norma Jeane- Elton John sings to Marilyn Monroe
Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)
Green Day-Wake Me Up When September Ends
Guns N' Roses - November Rain
Janet Jackson - Black Cat
Joan Armatrading - Love And Affection
Katy Perry - Wide Awake
Kelly Clarkson - Heartbeat Song
Kid Rock - All Summer Long
Kid Rock - Cowboy (Explicit)
Lady Gaga - Born This Way
led zeppelin - Hot Dog
Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
Lil Jon Get low (Explicit)
Liz Phair - Supernova
Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
men without hats safety dance
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A.
Naked Eyes Always Something There To Remind Me
Nena - 99 Luftballons (German Version)
Nine Inch  Nails - Closer
Nine Inch Nails - Down In It
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like A Hole
Nine Inch Nails - Wish
Nirvana - Lithium
Nirvana - Milk It
Nirvana - School
Nirvana - Something In The Way
Nirvana - You Know You're Right
Paper Planes
Pat Benatar - We Belong
Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
Pink Floyd - High Hopes
Pink Floyd - Learning To Fly
Pixies -- Where Is My Mind
Prince - Little Red Corvette
Prince - Raspberry Beret on Vimeo
Prince - When Doves Cry
Prince & The Revolution-Purple Rain
Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
Roxette - The Look
RUN-DMC - Walk This Way
SAIL - AWOLNATION
Selena Gomez - The Heart Wants What It Wants
Sleigh Bells - Infinity Guitars
Taylor Swift - Style
The Cranberries - Zombie
The Cure - Pictures Of You
The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings
The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock
The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm
The Smashing Pumpkins - Luna
The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
The Smashing Pumpkins - Rhinoceros
The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
TLC - Waterfalls
Tokio Hotel - World Behind My Wall
Tomorrow, Wendy - Concrete Blonde
Tool - 46 and 2 (Aaron O'Keefe)
Tool - Stinkfist
Van Halen - Dreams
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Walking On A Thin Line - Huey Lewis & The News
Walking on a Thin Line
Werewolves Of London
What's Up--4 Non Blondes
YACHT - Psychic City
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Phenomena
ZZ Top - La Grange
ZZ Top - Rough Boy
ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man

If I had to throw out all my albums but the select few...
Suzanne Ciani - Pianissimo (This may be the only CD that I still have physically in my possession)
The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
The Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
Nirvana - In Utero
NIN - Pretty Hate Machine
NIN - Broken / Fixed
Lorde - Pure Heroine


1 comment:

pat rooney said...

Good to see you back.