Thursday, January 08, 2009

Ya kinda have to...


As if you didn't know... I'm insane.

I'm also terrified of heights. Seriously. I have trouble climbing ladders. So the mere thought of bungi jumping scares the bejeezus out of me. But, I'm in NZ.. and you kinda have to. Well, you don't, but for me... I'd always wanted to be able to, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

BTW, that's not a bungi. That's a canyon swing. See the bungi guys got bored, so they started playing with rope climbing gear. It's the same, except instead of bouncing, you swing at the bottom. It's bungi on steroids.

That's 4 ton rope with an other 4 ton backup rope.
Can't say I'll be doing it again anytime soon... but wow.
Jim

4 comments:

pat rooney said...

yes, certified insane now. lol

Skullgal said...

I'm deathly afraid of heights as well but if I was in NZ I might have to do that, too! Congrats on conquering the big jump!

Jim said...

Thanks.
Yeah, I got sick of explaining how I go to NZ every year, but I don't jump cuz... well I guess I'm a pansy.

Susan said...

what, you fall from the sky - and actually CONNECT - and you diss yourself for not doing it the "fake" way??? gimme a break - you've had the full experience! (and thankfully lived to tell about it) Pansy Schmanzy! tell those guys to cut the cord and then take the dive, and see who's the pansy. ;)