Thursday, November 05, 2009

You've got great veins!

It's an odd compliment, but I'll take it.

I get that every time I go to get stabbed. This one was for my yearly MRI that I get to keep my Pilot Medical current. I have a "stent" in my neck which is a little piece of tubing that keeps one of my arteries open. They like to keep an eye on it.

To see what they need to see, they inject me with some dye... so they can see the blood flowing (through the stent).

I like that I always get the "you've got great veins" bit cuz I carries the unspoken implication that it's not going to hurt :)

Which it doesn't

2 comments:

pat rooney said...

Lucky you! I learned, after many such pricks in the arm, that drinking water BEFORE such a test helps open the veins, thus making the draw easier. lol Pour the water please!

Susan said...

apparently it's genetic - I have huge veins - clinical types just love me