Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Reggae Mon


So I head down to the Salvation Army today... What? Closed?
I'm not really sure, but I'm reasonably confident that it's a weekday. It could be Sunday, but I'm pretty sure it's not. So WTF? OH! Riiiight! It's Waitangi Day! (national holliday)
nzhistory.net.nz/politics/waitangiday-introduction

Well that would explain the Circus being in town. We can't land at the High School cuz that's where the big tent is... we have to use the Rugby field.

And... the Reggae Festival down at the Queenstown Gardens.
Big to-do with lots of music and people. So I wandered down to check it out of course. It's going on all day. I think it ends around 10pm cuz it gets dark then. I had some hours to kill. Something struck me as odd (aside from the distinct lack of rednecks), no cops. Big festival, whole town (it's in town)... no cops. None. No need.

I'd be surprised if they don't bring a couple in after dinner time, but you never know. And yeah... this is a serious gun control country... the cops won't even have them.

Ja Mon
Jim

No comments: