Thursday, July 05, 2012

Gaining traction!

I'm down in Orlando Florida getting ready for my Private Pilot checkride (exam). I'm finally making progress with the help of Jason Ameter, the owner and chief instructor at Apopka Aviation
I can't say enough good things about Jason. He's got a very well deserved reputation. So hopefully, if I can avoid being too much of a moron, I might actually get this done. Fingers crossed.

I'm staying at Quest Air in Groveland.
For those just tuning in, I used to work at Quest in the winters before I started going to New Zealand. In fact, it was at Quest that I first heard of the job in NZ.
Unfortunately, it's the middle of Summer here, so there's not much going on. This does help me a bit as I've got little to distract me from my studies. The weekend will change that a bit, but the big action is down in Texas right now where two of my mates just smashed the hang gliding open distance world record. You can read more about that on the Oz Report (the defacto source of hang gliding news).

Ok, fun stuff.
I actually get to get some sleep tonight! I've been getting up at 6am lately to get over to the airport by 7. The good instructors are always busy ;)
Tomorrow though is my study day. So, sleep in, then hit the books hard.

Jim

No comments: