Monday, March 24, 2008

Addict

I'm such a freakin junkie.

Today is what we call "stable air". There's not much movement in the air. If it were kayaking, it would be a glassy lake. Most pilots don't even bother to fly on days like this. It's a good bit of effort to get up the hill... after the gondola, it's a 10-15min hike up with a 40lb pack. No worries on days where you're going to spend an hour or so in the air. Today would be a few minutes glide... straight from the top to the bottom. We call them "sledrides" cuz it's like snow sledding.

So, ok... it's not worth it... just hang around the house... maybe take a walk in the park... mellow day right? Uh.... no. Fraid not. What can I say? I can't help myself ;)
What's worse... you think I could just boat around the sky all nice and peaceful like. No. I burn up my altitude quickly with aerobatics (makes you sink about 4 times as fast).

Fortunately, I'm ok with my addiction.
Jim

No comments: