Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dunedin

(Duh-Nee-den)

I woke up the other day to my phone ringing... this is odd because I stopped working last week so there's no real reason for someone to be phoning me, esp early. "Jim? It' Hagen, I hear you have a glider for me... I reckin it's on today, you should get down here".

Hrm... phone up the wind station on Coronet Peak... crap weather here. Ok... off to Dunedin it is. Really, what's a four hour drive when there's flying to be done? Chucked a few things in a bag and see ya. I quite fancied a bit of time hanging out with John, Lisa, Hagen and the DFC (Dunedin Flying Crew)... always a good time. And it has been. Crusey and mellow.

Spent the day down at "the pool", soaking in the hot tub and playing in the wave pool. Yeah, the local pool has a wave pool... and a water slide (and no small slide... like there's three different enclosed ways to go down). When we get done with the pool, we get a text from John... "Come over to Sandy Mount, it's on. I've got your gear". Sandy Mount is one of the local flying sites. Spent the rest of the day flying Sandy. Bliss.

Jim

No comments: