Monday, September 24, 2012

Geek Alert

Sorry non-geeks.... this probably won't make much sense, even though I'll try to speak English as much as I can.

Ok, so as much as I love my netbook... it just can't keep up with the level of video editing I want to do. I mean, I can get by if I really need to, but I've got to pull some tricks to do it. So I went on the quest for a netbook that was up to the task. Unfortunately, even the one with the hottest graphics card doesn't have a "real" graphics card.

So, I was left looking around in the "over 10inch screen" land... and well, you might as well just get an old laptop at that point. #1 on the list though was a good video card. #2 was sub$500. That's a tall order.

But, I found one.
First thing's first though... dump windows.
I'm a Linux guy... specifically Ubuntu (mostly)... but I've always been on Xfce and KDE. I'd heard of Gnome, but I just thought it was just some other window manager... and... well... it was.

Then came along Version3
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Holy crap!

That just ROCKS.
I don't think I'll be looking back.
I'm on an older version typing this and itching to update it (I'm waiting for other updates to complete)

Jim

No comments: