Saturday, September 01, 2012

Well that was a whirlwind Summer.
Let's see... checking my last post... woops, I left it all on a cliffhanger... sorry.
Yep, I passed my checkride (yeay!).
My life till that point of course was a whirlwind of sorts anyway, but it had the added stress of uncertainty. I knew that after I finished my license, that there were many people that needed me to do some towing for them. And that's exactly how that went.

I flew back to Virginia for a week, then straight out the door and down to Big Spring Texas (ye-haw!) for the Big Spring Hang Gliding Competition... which of course was a riot. I love love love competition towing, so I was a pig in slop.

Then, I went straight up to Claremont New Hampshire to tow for Morningside Flight Park. I've been hanging out here and having a blast with them ever since. I leave Tuesday though.
It's been fun and there's a great crew up here. I'm going to miss these guys.

Last week, my parents and my sister were able to come up. I came out of retirement to fly my nephew for his birthday. I made Mary fly with Eric (the tandem pilot here) though. I took mom up in the dragonfly too (our tow plane). Super fun.

Back to Virginia on Tuesday.
We've gotten permission to start flying tandems out of Accomack County Airport, so #1 on the list will be getting that done.

Fun stuff. Been a hell of a Summer.

No comments: