Friday, July 30, 2010

Maybe

This ones some boring TMI stuff, so run away while you still can.

Ok, too late... here we go...
I don't like popping corks too early, so I'm putting this in the maybe category for the moment.

See, I don't like to sleep on my back. I don't know why, but I never have. At the moment, aside from all the other BS, I wake up with sore heels. If I don't however, I seem to have added little pains in my knee. I don't seem to sleep very well either, although getting to sleep is much much easier.

I tried sleeping on my stomach. As per my physio's advice, I even stuck a towel under my shin. No go. Still too much weight on my knee for comfort. Then I tried sleeping on my side. As I've read, I stuffed blankets between my knees. I kept my operated knee high so as to avoid putting any weight on it.

No go. I don't know if it was that position or just general healing pains, but man I did not like it. The inside of my knee was feeling again like it did after the accident... I had bone bruising there, I'm quite familiar with the spot.

Well, last night I found a way to lay mostly on my side with my operated leg on the low side, but, without my upper leg resting on it. :)

I did wake up at 4 for a while, but then slept till around 10 or 10:30. No residual pains. That could work.

Here's hoping.

No comments: